Does your home still have an old style fuse panel? Are circuits overloaded? If new wiring has been added to your home over the years, does it meet code? Modern circuit breaker panels are more convenient, and are built to far higher safety standards than outdated fuse panels. These circuit breakers protect every device in the house with sensitive circuitry that responds quickly if there is a fault, opening the circuit and eliminating the risk of danger.
We will inspect your electrical panel and help you to decide on whether you should have your outdated fuse panel replaced with a modern circuit breaker panel. Older equipment and wiring systems did not have to support major modern appliances that we use today. Overloading and doubling up of circuits is commonly seen on older, outdated fuse panels which is a fire hazard. Upgrading the electrical system in your home by installing a new circuit breaker panel can avoid a potentially dangerous situation.
Reasons to upgrade a panel:
- Reduce the chance of an electrical fire
- Eliminate doubled-up circuits
- Eliminate the need to replace fuses (or install the wrong sized fuse, which is a common fire hazard)
- Capacity to add additional circuits in the future
- Increase the resale value of your home
- Modernize electrical equipment